Time is TBD|
Location is TBD
Connected Riding - Observer Registration all clinics
With International Instructor Hayley Howells (U.K.)
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Location is TBD
About the Event
In 3 day clinics Hayley will cover:-
- How to easily and consistently find a balanced, neutral seat for riding, exercises both on and off the horse using neutral pelvis.
- In hand exercises to help the horse find a good weight bearing and functional posture
- For new people you will start with an eyes closed session to feel how the mechanics of the horse moves their body and they can feel the difference with a neutral pelvis and their regular riding. (you will be led for this session)
- Ridden exercises to enhance ‘feel’ and to ride the horse your horse with your body/seat/mind rather than your hands and legs.
- For the more experienced we can move it up to work on teaching the horse to step thorough from behind, straightness, balance, transitions, lateral work, etc
- Also covered some basic hands-on awareness techniques.Day Clinics
In Individual Lessons, Hayley will tailor lessons to meet the needs on both the horse and rider.
Dependent on your experience with Connected Riding, your lesson(s) might include:
- Balancing off the horse - Hayley will help the rider to feel neutral pelvis in a safe environment and provide you the tools to self test your position in the saddle
- Take the rider through some of the basic concepts of Connected Riding without your horse
- Groundwork to help your horse find a functional posture for ridden work
- Short "eyes closed" riding session - this allows the rider to feel the horse allowing them to feel how their movement changes depending on your body position. The rider will be led for this part of your lesson.
- Rebalancing in the saddle
- A normal riding lesson
Cost: $20 per day