Tue, 04 Apr|
Connected Riding - Individual Lessons (Penrose)
With International Instructor Hayley Howells (U.K.)
Time & Location
04 Apr, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
About the Event
Hayley will tailor your lesson to meet the needs or both your horse. Dependent on your experience with Connected Riding, your lesson(s) might include:
- Balancing off the horse - Hayley will help you to feel neutral pelvis in a safe environment and provide you the tools to self test your position in the saddle
- Take you through some of the basic concepts of Connected Riding without your horse
- Groundwork to help your horse find a functional posture for ridden work
- Short "eyes closed" riding session - this allows you to feel your horse as you ride and allows you to feel how their movement changes depending on your body position. You will be led for this part of your lesson.
- Rebalancing in the saddle
- A normal riding lesson
If you have no experience with Connected Riding it is recommended that you have 2 lessons, with a decent gap in between to enable the information to be processed properly. As an example, you may have a 1 hour 15 min lesson of which the majority would be with no horse and groundwork. Then a 45 min lesson incorporating the eyes closed and riding. If you have experience 45 mins to max 1 hour is recommended. You can also discuss your needs with Hayley to determine the best option for you and your horse.
You are welcome to watch other lessons, and this is often a great way to learn.
$145 per hour (pro rata for different durations) plus arena hire and yard hire with additional off horse balancing session for free.
Shared lessons with one other $125 per person plus arena and yard hire
Times for lessons
9.00am - 10.15am
10.30am - 11.45am
12pm - 1.15pm
1.45pm - 3pm
3.15pm - 4.30pm
Observers: $20 per day. Please register by following this link